GRILLED SHRIMP AND BACON BAKE
· 1 1/2 sticks (12 oz.) Maple Hill butter, softened
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
· 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot (optional)
· 4 tablespoons seafood seasoning, divided
· 10 small red potatoes cut into 1/2-inch wedges
· 1/4 cup water
· 3 ears of corn, husks removed, each ear cut into 4 pieces
· 36 (3 dozen) unpeeled or peeled raw medium shrimp
· 6 strips of thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped (save the bacon drippings)
· 3 lemons, cut into quarters
Stir together butter, shallot, parsley, dill, lemon zest, (optional: 2 tbsp of bacon drippings) and 1 tablespoon of the seafood seasoning in a medium bowl until well blended.
Combine chopped potatoes and water in a medium-size microwavable bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH until tender, about 5 minutes.
Preheat a grill to medium (400°F to 450°F). Cut 12 (12-inch) square pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place 6 squares of the foil in a single layer on work surface.
Divide potato wedges and corn evenly among foil sheets. Top each with 6 shrimp and chopped bacon, and lemon wedges. Dollop each with about 1/4 cup butter/bacon fat mixture. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of seafood seasoning.
Top each with 1 foil square, and crimp all sides to seal tightly.
Grill packets, covered, until shrimp are done, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating packets on grill halfway through cooking time.
Remove packets from the grill and serve!